top of page


Izard Weston can help you ensure that you and your family are properly looked after and that your wishes are carried out

Enduring Powers of Attorney

It is a good idea for everybody, but particularly older clients, to have enduring powers of attorney for both property and personal care and welfare. These ensure that should you no longer be capable of making decisions for yourself, the people you want to make those decisions for you can indeed do this. 


If you or your loved ones lose mental capacity and do not have enduring powers of attorney then an application must be made to the High Court under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988 for the appointment of a property manager and a welfare guardian. Whilst we can assist clients with this process, having enduring powers of attorney avoids the additional costs and complexity associated with this.



It is vital that you have a valid will and that it is kept up to date as your will determines what happens to your assets when you pass. It is also important that you understand the sorts of claims that can be made against your estate so that, as far as possible, you can protect against this and ensure your wishes are carried out. And, if you have a family trust, you need to understand how this might affect your will. We can help you with these issues and prepare a will that clearly reflects what you want to happen.


Estate Administration


The passing of a loved one can be a difficult and stressful time for those left behind. Our job is to ease this burden and to assist and advise the executors in the administration of an estate. This will involve applying to the High Court for probate (or for letters of administration where someone has died without a will), assisting in the sale of the deceased’s property and with the distributions to the beneficiaries and generally ensuring that the deceased’s wishes are carried out efficiently and effectively.


If you would like to talk to us about preparing enduring powers of attorney or wills, or the administration of an estate, please contact:

bottom of page